The official home of HORSHAM YOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB on the web
 HORSHAM FOOTBALL CLUB is affiliated to The Ryman Football League, Arun & Chichester League, Sussex Sunday Youth League


1 Jonny Burfiend

Jordan Baxter


Luke Taylor


Darian Clay


Bradley Aljoe


Jack Surlis (Jupp)


Ryan Hallett (L Riecker)


Connor Breivik


Zac Comber


Tom Killner-Brown (Silva)


Dean O'Keefe




Anthony Jupp


Pedro Silva


Ashley Hutchings


Lagin Riecker


Dane Riecker


HORSHAM: Comber (83,86,89)

WHITEHAWK: Taylor (70)


About U14s U15s U16s U18s Contact us


HORSHAM 3 Whitehawk 1

Thursday 15th September 2011

Ryman Youth League (South Division)

Three Bridges FC

Attendance: 39

After the cup defeat at Shoreham on Sunday changes were made to the squad for this game with three players, Zac Comber, Tom Killner-Brown and Anthony Jupp brought in from the under 16s with Bradley Aljoe also returning to the team at centre half.

The Hornets carved out a couple of early chances from set pieces but the visitors were soon looking dangerous with a number of attacks from their right wing. At the other end Comber, playing as a lone striker, went close with a shot that just clipped the outside of the upright. Most of the problems for Horsham were self-inflicted, with a couple of poor clearances and some careless passing, and they were happy to go in at the break with the score goalless.

H/T Horsham 0 Whitehawk 0

Pedro Silva replaced Killner-Brown at the start of the half but it was The Hawks who came out with renewed determination, playing some good passing football, and at times the Hornets could not get the ball although the work ethic was good with Connor Breivik, Jack Surlis and Ryan Hallett always pressing in midfield.

With 70 minutes gone the visitors took the lead when Hornets full back Jordan Baxter turned into trouble and lost the ball on the byeline and a cutback led to an easy goal for Hawks striker Fred Taylor. Whitehawk pushed for a second to kill the game off but Horsham dug in and kept them at bay with skipper Darian Clay driving on his team-mates.

Surlis was replaced by Jupp as Horsham changed their shape, pushing Dean O'Keefe into an advanced position to support Comber, and with just seven minutes left the debutant striker was put through by Breivik and calmly lobbed goalkeeper Elliott Taylor from the edge of the box to level the scores. The Hornets had no thoughts of holding on for a point, though, and continued to push forward and three minutes later Comber smashed the ball into the corner of the net from 20 yards out. Whitehawk players were stunned and Horsham came forward again with O'Keefe unselfishly squaring the ball for his strike partner to complete a memorable hat trick and secure thee points for the team.

After back to back cup defeats it was a huge win for the lads, with Horsham coach Alex Barron saying the big difference simply was "This week the lads listened and carried out the instructions given to them."

Horsham Football Club, Goring's Mead, Brighton Road, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 5BP
Telephone: 01403 266888 |