The official home of HORSHAM YOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB on the web
 HORSHAM FOOTBALL CLUB is affiliated to The Ryman Football League, Arun & Chichester League, Sussex Sunday Youth League


1 Lewis Blaney

Jacob Waller


Anthony Jupp


Greig Gander


George Hole (Smith)


Alex Parsons


Zak Comber


Jake Legrange


Harry Smith


Tom Killner-Brown


Harry Garman


Ollie Clarke


HORSHAM: Comber (2), Legrange, Gander



About U14s U15s U16s U18s Contact us


HORSHAM 4 Wealden Colts 1

Sunday 11th September 2011

Sussex Sunday Youth League

The first game of the season saw Horsham drawn at home against Wealden Colts, who were new to the Sussex Sunday League. Horsham had three new debutants to the side, Ollie Clarke, Tom Killner-Brown and Harry Smith but were also without four players including influential captain Connor Cushing.

The Crowborough outfit began well and were well organised and hard to break down until the 18th minute when a cross came in from the left side and Zak Comber controlled the ball well before firing an unstoppable left footed shot past the Wealden 'keeper. This seemed to spark Wealden into life and some good interchange play saw the ball fall to their left midfielder, Alex Saunders, who hit a great left footed shot which skimmed off the Horsham Crossbar.

Just before half time Harry Smith made his debut from the bench and, soon after the break, made a telling cross which Jake Legrange capped off with a neat right foot finish on 53 minutes. This seemed to spark Horsham in to life and Smith was nearly on the score sheet after a good delivery from captain Alex Parsons. But it was Wealden who struck next in the 61st minute after some telling pressure and, when Horsham failed to clear, the ball was played back to the far post where Ryan Hughes was on hand to fire past Blaney.

Ten minutes later, a through ball drew Blaney off his line and the goalkeeper was adjudged to have impeded the Wealden forward, with a penalty the outcome. Unfortunately for Wealden the spot kick hit the inside of the left hand upright and the ball bounced across the face of the goal and away from danger. This let off for Horsham spurred the hosts on and another fine strike by Comber on 71minutes, from 25 yards, reinstated Horsham’s two goal cushion. Minutes later the win was sealed when Greig Gander popped up in the opposition's box to calmly side foot Horsham’s fourth.

Horsham Football Club, Goring's Mead, Brighton Road, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 5BP
Telephone: 01403 266888 |