The official home of HORSHAM YOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB on the web
 HORSHAM FOOTBALL CLUB is affiliated to The Ryman Football League, Arun & Chichester League, Sussex Sunday Youth League


- Tom Auston

Glenn Johnson


Adam Ruz


Jordon Walser


Alex Moore


Aaron Pyzer


Rueben Selby


Will Kerr


Andrew Roberts


Callum Nash


Harry Lee


Used subs


Ross Williams


Unused subs


Jack Norris

  Jared Ashmole



Man of the Match: -


About U14s U15s U16s U18s Contact us



Sunday 8th January 2012

Sussex County Cup Quarter-Final

Horsham Youth suffered their first defeat of the season and in doing so, went out of the Sussex County Cup at the quarter final stage.

The first half was a very tight affair, with neither side dominating possession in a congested midfield. Ifield made the better start to the game, bringing a good save from Tom Auston within the first minute, only a strong left hand denying the hosts’ striker. And it was a break down the left from the home side after ten minutes that lead to the only goal of the game. A clearance from defence sent the left winger clear, he rounded the advancing Auston and crossed for the onrushing midfielder to score low into the bottom left hand corner.

The Young Hornets rallied but, on a muddy pitch, found it difficult to get their passing game going. A well worked free kick between Callum Nash and Aaron Pyzer created a chance for Andrew Roberts but his header was tipped onto the bar by the home stopper. A succession of corners then followed but still the equaliser would not come. With five minutes to go before the break, a Roberts through ball found Harry Lee who perhaps should have done better with just the ‘keeper to beat. Ross Williams then had a shot charged down as Horsham finished the half strongly.

H/T Ifield Youth 1 Horsham 0

The second half was a more one sided affair, with the visitors piling on the pressure. Within two minutes of the restart, Will Kerr saw a shot blocked after some good work from Roberts and Nash. Kerr then had a shot that went just over from the edge of the area and Rueben Selby began to cause problems down the left, bursting clear but shooting tamely at the ‘keeper.

In a rare attack, Ifield went close, Auston producing another good save and Alex Moore heading the follow up off the line. With twenty minutes to go, it was a question of whether or not Ifield would hold on. Roberts produced a superb run and cross for the Young Hornets, but no-one managed to get on the end of it, the ball flashing across the six yard box. Nash was then sent clear, but his shot was saved by the outstretched leg of the home stopper.

More pressure and a series of corners still failed to find an equaliser, and although a header from Roberts looked to have crossed the line, all appeals were waved away by the referee. Moore was then sent clear as Horsham converted to three up front but, although his first touch took him round the 'keeper, a tight angle ensued and it allowed the home stopper to get back and make the save. And despite further pressure, some last ditch Ifield defending meant that, this time, there was no late equaliser for the Young Hornets.

Horsham Football Club, Goring's Mead, Brighton Road, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 5BP
Telephone: 01403 266888 |