The official home of HORSHAM YOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB on the web
 HORSHAM FOOTBALL CLUB is affiliated to The Ryman Football League, Arun & Chichester League, Sussex Sunday Youth League


- Tom Auston

Glenn Johnson


Adam Ruz


Jordon Walser


Aaron Pyzer


Will Kerr


Andrew Roberts


Rueben Selby


Callum Nash


Harry Lee


Alex Moore


Used subs

  Jack Norris

Jared Ashmole


Ross Williams


HORSHAM: Pyzer,Kerr,Nash,Moore

Man of the Match: Alex Moore


About U14s U15s U16s U18s Contact us


Bosham Youth 2 HORSHAM 4

Sunday 15th January 2012

Arun & Chichester League

Two goals in as many second half minutes saw Horsham come from behind to win a hard fought match away at Bosham on a cold but bright Sunday morning.

Having gone 2-1 down with twenty minutes left, the situation didnít look good, but going behind seemed to kick the Young Hornets into action in what had been a fairly lacklustre performance up until then.

The first half had got off to a quiet start with neither side able to create a chance of any note. Harry Lee had a shot blocked on the edge of the area, whilst Will Kerr shot wide after some good work from Rueben Selby down the right. But the first time either goalkeeper was brought into action was on sixteen minutes when an Andrew Roberts free kick was tipped over by the home stopper.

The deadlock was then finally broken midway through the half, when a corner from Roberts was only half cleared and Aaron Pyzer smashed in the loose ball from the edge of the area. That sparked a reaction from the home side, who went close after a good break saw their midfielder shoot wide when well placed.

Further chances were then created, a Kerr header from a Callum Nash corner was saved, before the same player then shot wide when well positioned. Bosham were still a threat on the break and with just a minute left before half time, the home side equalised. They won their first corner which was only half cleared, and the resulting shot seemed to be a routine save for Tom Auston but a moments lapse in concentration saw the ball bounce off his arm and into the corner of the net.

H/T Bosham Youth 1 Horsham 1 1-1

The second half followed a similar pattern to the first, with neither side taking control, nor creating any clear cut opportunities. With twenty minutes left the home side broke down the right and a hesitant Auston blocked an initial shot, but the follow up header came back off the crossbar and was then drilled in by a Bosham midfielder.

This galvanised Horsham who hit back almost immediately. Some neat trickery play down the right from Nash saw the nippy striker cut into the penalty area from the right and lay a perfect pass for Kerr to crash home the equaliser off the inside of the left hand post. And two minutes later, Horsham had retaken the lead, as a cross from Jack Norris down the right was only half cleared and Nash pounced to tuck away the loose ball.

After that it was pretty much one way traffic with the visitors creating further opportunities to extend their lead. The impressive Alex Moore made a terrific run and cross that Nash got his head to but failed to hit the target.

But it was Moore who did make it four after seventy one minutes when he finished right footed low into the left hand corner of the net after being played in by Nash. Roberts then saw his shot saved by the keeperís legs, before Moore saw a lob go agonisingly past the right hand post after being played in by Kerr.

But there was to be no further addition to the score line, despite the referee adding on an additional seven minutes, seemingly baffling to both teams.

Horsham Football Club, Goring's Mead, Brighton Road, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 5BP
Telephone: 01403 266888 |